John Peel March 1981 Uploaded to Moo

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Mon Jan 6 02:56:24 CET 2014

OK that's all wikified now. http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_March_1981 (no hyperlink randomly in Yahoo editor)
Presence of session versions of tracks by Altered Images and Ruts DC pin down the Peel content of side A to 10th March 1981, though exactly how many tracks belong it it is open to question. The first 3 tracks are almost certainly from the Skinner show fearturing a repeat of the Au Pairs session from 12th January, so might be from earlier on 10th March.
Funny how bands recorded almost identical sessions for Skinner and Peel just a few days apart in these days!
Side B is indeed from the 30th and ends speculation about one of Mark's mixtapes. Again preceded by a bit of Skinner and a couple of nice Belle Stars session tracks there.
The Endgames session is now complete for the Peel show of the 30th, I had a few of their slightly later singles on my mixtapes but they sound a bit more B-Movie esque here.
All in all a great selection. The Lennon track doesn't sound like the standard version though I wonder if that's because I've never heard it in such lo fi before!
Stuart