Couple more from 1990

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Mon Feb 10 23:01:48 CET 2014

I shall resist the temptation to post the results of my own radio competition from way back in 1980 or upload the audio of a dedication to my gang on Brian Ford's Street Sounds show on Radio Clyde from the same era, and concentrate on the latest shows from the Rich 200.

First up 22nd May 1990 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_May_1990 is a complete show containing the repeat of the recent Half Man Half Biscuit session. More tracks from the Breeders Babes in Toyland and Silk Tymes Leather albums.
Next 29th May 1990 http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_May_1990 with the debut Dawson session, Electro/House favourites from Tom Salta and L.U.P.O. and enthusiastic plays of Levellers 5 and Tinklers.

A pig to keep the azimuth tracking acceptable, a lot of re-recording of individual tracks until I learned when to adjust on playback. A full 360° turn of the screwdriver from one end of the tape to the other! Anyone any idea why a particular batch of tapes would be so bad, or would it be the record deck at fault?
Stuart/Rich