Tape Storage

clashbore18@... clashbore18@...
Tue Dec 2 23:19:18 CET 2014

Most of my tapes have been stored pretty carelessly but show very little deterioration considering they are well over 30 years old and some are fairly mid-range 120s. They've been stored in everything from zero temperatures to over 90 degrees in various attics. Indeed the latest tapes I dug out to stick on the moo ( strange phrase ) were , rather typically ,in a cardboard box next to the radiator.

 There is a bit of flanging and the odd loss of channel on one side for a while here and there but generally... having followed no guidelines whatsoever over storage care for cassettes... they've held up remarkably well.