More SL

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Sun Sep 22 16:17:55 CEST 2013

Here's a roundup of the final Peel content from the latest batch of SL tapes that I've been working my way through over the summer.

L202b and L203b yielded the first 47 minutes of the show. The quality is a bit muffled, but the entire show has been previously shared in better quality anyway.
L206b gave up 45 minutes of the show ending with the 1 am news. L204a contained the final two tracks of the programme. Again, the complete show has previously been released.
L206a contained 37 minutes of show, starting around 00:30. Previously shared.
This show has previously been shared in full in better quality, but the complete show has now emerged from the SL tapes. Tapes L209 and L211 from my batch made up the bulk of it, with the final 7 minutes of the show having been earlier unearthed and shared by Stuart from L264.

And finally, something nice to sign off with: the complete show from 12 January 1992. Previously undocumented at all until the SL tapes came along, the start of the show was previously uploaded by Mark L and then two further segments (from the middle and the very end) came to light from my own rip of L084. The remaining 107 minutes of the show come from tapes L213 and L214 so now it's complete. The sound quality on the latter tapes was a bit more muffled that I'm used to with this source: makes me wonder if the taper used a different deck on this occasion. Curiously, the file is 2 hours 59 mins in length, despite the 11:30 news being edited out. It makes me wonder if perhaps one or two of the tapes were running slightly slower on my deck. Anyway, sounds decent enough.

All downloads are here: http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/dr_mango/SL_Tapes/

All that remains from the batch are 5 sides of assorted Andy Kershaw which I'll document on my own personal webspace here: http://drmango.net/kershaw.htm

Dr Mango