[peel] ...And Two More Things

Roger Carruthers unity.gain@...
Sun Sep 15 15:00:46 CEST 2013

I'm fairly sure that I have it on a tape somewhere, but in my recollection
he says it in response to a 78 he's about to play (a Pig's Big 78?) which he
says has a fair amount of surface noise, but then adds his famous aphorism
about life having surface nosie,
Cheers
Roger

From:  <so_it_goes_2512@yahoo.co.uk>
Date:  Sunday, 15 September 2013 13:27
To:  <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Subject:  [peel] ...And Two More Things

Since nobody seems to have any idea about the last clue, I can tell you that
the answer is Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something
Blue.

I'm positive I've heard the anecdote John tells about comparing CDs to vinyl
and saying 'Listen mate, life has surface noise' in one of his Radio 1
shows, and it's widely quoted on the Internet, but can anybody here pinpoint
exactly which show it comes from? He says something similar in Peel Out In
The States, but that's not the one I'm thinking of. Can you help?

Best wishes
Steve (TK)