[peel] Milestones

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Tue Oct 22 21:01:13 CEST 2013

Second that emotion around stats - we have a long way to go but good to know we have come so far and more stuff is turning up all the time

As for using audacity - I was (and still am) a technically incompetent but steve so.it.goes helped me via email to sort it.

Are these whole shows or edited?

And do you have anything else in your treasure trove?

Mark

________________________________
 From: "egdirdle2013@..." <egdirdle2013@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 21 October 2013, 11:48
Subject: RE: Re: [peel] Milestones

Hi it's Karl of Karl's Tapes "fame" here.

Had some trouble re-registering under different names etc.

I have quite a bit from 1998. If Andrew can pop over to mine and teach me how to rip on Audacity I can do loads.

Cheers

Karl

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

That last stat should have read – 6 years have more than 50% of shows that
are complete!

I think the late 90s dip may have been a combination of the tailing off of
using cassettes as a recording medium (DATs CDr etc never really achieving the
ubiquity or ease of recording), the beginning of listen again functionality
reducing the need to keep shows, and was the period just before archiving shows
on PVRs became easy.

Thanks for the shows Colin and Isector!

Stuart