Say it to the rest On behalf of Zomgqashiyo

Mark mutetourettes@...
Wed Oct 16 13:36:54 CEST 2013

heheh well I'm happy to upload the wav files if someone tells me where to
stick it...

it's an interesting debate, and I've been tempted to up the bitdepth and
sampling rate of tapes I archive (mostly public talks etc, not radio) just
in case some mythical future noise-reduction/restoration thingmyjig can use
the extra bits... but I got that nice old apogee A/D converter (it's
limited to 16/48 and under) for next to nothing and it sounds so nice that
I tend to use it and be satisfied with that rather than save up for 24/96
gear of similar quality.. I haven't done much comparing of the
consumer-level 24/96 gear that I have... doesn't seem worth the extra
storage space..

In this case I think it's pretty moot, as there's radio tuning/interference
farts and whatnot... but hey...