[peel] More Kershaw

Alasdair Macdonald wewalkforonereason@...
Fri Oct 11 01:43:31 CEST 2013

Would you be willing to share lossless copies of the Sheila Chandra
material?

For those that don't know, Sheila Chandra is no longer able to sing due to
medical reasons; even talking is painful:

http://www.sheilachandra.com/latest.html

Sheila did apparently cover Song To The Siren on the Real World compilation
album "Gifted"; her website lists her contribution, although the some
listings for this album credit "Izzy". It doesn't sound like her, to me.
And even if it did, it's far from her best work, which I find to be the on
the albums This Sentence Is True & ABoneCroneDrone. They are quite drone-y.

http://www.sheilachandra.com/data/disco.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00004YMUG (credits Izzy)
http://www.amazon.com/Gifted-Women-World/dp/B00004YMUG (Credits Sheila
Chandra)

Her Monsoon stuff was good, everything that she has released since then has
been truly remarkable, IMO. I recommend it all. Every second.