[peel] RE: New 1990 Show

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Sat Nov 16 10:30:16 CET 2013

agree - think there is a place for music from other places apart from USA and the UK ( eg "world") music page akin to the reggae and punk genre pages - I may be the man but may take some time. If some kind soul could set up a template we could maybe build it together. EG the singles box had quite a lot, Bhundu, Kershaw, this Bhangra period. Sessions list - Gaspar Lawal in 1973. Early plays - Ravi Shankar probably featured in that perfumed garden of his. Osibisa? That Faroes Island band with an unpronounceable name. A lot of stuff is there already...

________________________________
 From: "johnpeel3904@..." <johnpeel3904@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 15 November 2013, 22:49
Subject: [peel] RE: New 1990 Show

 Thanks to Rich and yourself for uploading these gems. I love especially the bhangra stuff that Peel used to play regularly (i.e.. virtually every week) on his show in 1990.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <stuartb@...> wrote:

8th January 1990
82 minutes of a 90 minute show. Telephone Thing has just been released (to DJs at least) and there are further early plays of Charlatans and KLF. Complete John Chibadura And The Tembo Brothers session, though already featured on an earlier tape.
Very good sound quality (thanks to me chasing the variable azimuth on this batch of TDK D90s)
tks to Rich