[peel] RE: New Karl Tape March ( some 14th ) 1983

egdirdle2013@... egdirdle2013@...
Sat Nov 9 21:42:53 CET 2013

Yes all shows I recorded between 1981 - Aug 1985 were in London SW1
 ( Victoria / Pimlico )
 Anything from 1986 was Fulham and 1987 onwards was Notting Hill / Paddington.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <stuartb@...> wrote:

 Haven’t checked the 1998 stuff yet but there is actually less stuff available for 1998 than most years going back to 1977 so there’s a good chance it’s new! But the 1980s tapes have some great rarities on them, so I’ve been concentrating on those and also the tapes from mr maudlin and the Gumtree collection first.

 So, MW is no guarantee that it’s Jensen, it might have been Peel if reception on FM was low.  But did you live in an area that Jensen was available on FM in the early 80s? Think that might have been in the BBC Radio London reception area.
 Looking forward to more tapes!

 Stuart

 From: egdirdle2013@... mailto:egdirdle2013@...
 Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:12 PM
 To: peel@yahoogroups.com mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com
 Subject: RE: Re: [peel] RE: New Karl Tape March ( some 14th ) 1983

 Yes the tapes are far more bitty than I realised. I recall switching from FM to MW quite a lot at the time as the FM could be very weak at some times and not at others.
 I also appear to to have not liked a lot of what was played and left a lot of stuff off that I know would love... anyway... on we go. Thanks for the interest and the wikification... it means a lot.
 I did upload a 1998 tape a few days ago. Is it of interest or is it just repeating stuff already here ? I haven't checked.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <stuartb@...> wrote:

 That’s that wikified. Side 1 was all from Jensen’s show of 23rd March 1983, featuring sessions from Amazulu and Bauhaus. Some tracks from the Peel Show of the same date started off side 2, though the show is already available in complete form. Then it’s a bit of Hensen’s show of the 29th March followed by three tracks from the Peel show of the same date which is new.

 There is a clear AM/FM sound divide, which might help with apportioning bits of shows for other tapes in the series. But there have been a few Jensen shows which have sounded like FM, could that be correct Karl?

 Just the one unknown Mark on side 1.

 Stuart