Fw: [peel] RE: A Karl Tape Early July 1982

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Fri Nov 8 14:14:25 CET 2013

I think has fallen victim to modem interference that was barffling you - anyway done all I can. The Keys track and the 80s soul remain elusive

The Keys on this don't sound like something from this lot: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Keys%2C+The+%282%29 although I like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9eaPTKl1vA really good early 80s mod - classic sounds

or possibly: http://outoftheigloo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-keys-whatever-happened-to-boy-meets.html

I have sent an email to the blogger.

Mark

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "stuartb@..." <stuartb@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 3 November 2013, 0:35
Subject: [peel] RE: A Karl Tape Early July 1982

That's the show http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_Early_July_1982 wikified. Mark L, a few unknowns for you to get your teeth into on side 2. A couple of tracks not on the inlay usually meaning a session or just another record by an artist from earlier on the tape.

The Endgames track will be very challenging to decide the source of. It's a track (which I have the record version of) that appeared both on a Peel session, but also, 20 days later, was recorded for a Jensen session.

I think it may be a repeat of the Jensen
session as the Peel repeat was broadcast on 5th July, before the date assigned to side a the 8th July.

Certainly the end of side b belongs to 13th July 1982.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <koogy@...> wrote:

>> first time i saw the wedding present live the flatmates were supporting
>>> (derby, feb '88 or so).
>
>> That was Nottingham Trent Poly - they didn't play Derby on that tour, I
>> had to travel to Notts - my first Wedding Present gig!
>
>oh, you are right. my only gig at trent poly also. and like you i had to
make a trip, but from loughborough.

(but they did play derby on the brassneck tour with the heartthrobs. and,
i think, leicester a few days before)

andy