A Karl Tape Early July 1982

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Sun Nov 3 01:35:59 CET 2013

That's the show http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl%27s_Tape_Early_July_1982 wikified. Mark L, a few unknowns for you to get your teeth into on side 2. A couple of tracks not on the inlay usually meaning a session or just another record by an artist from earlier on the tape.

 The Endgames track will be very challenging to decide the source of. It's a track (which I have the record version of) that appeared both on a Peel session, but also, 20 days later, was recorded for a Jensen session.

 I think it may be a repeat of the Jensen session as the Peel repeat was broadcast on 5th July, before the date assigned to side a the 8th July.

 Certainly the end of side b belongs to 13th July 1982.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <koogy@...> wrote:

 >> first time i saw the wedding present live the flatmates were supporting
 >> (derby, feb '88 or so).

 > That was Nottingham Trent Poly - they didn't play Derby on that tour, I
 > had to travel to Notts - my first Wedding Present gig!

 oh, you are right. my only gig at trent poly also. and like you i had to
 make a trip, but from loughborough.

 (but they did play derby on the brassneck tour with the heartthrobs. and,
 i think, leicester a few days before)

 andy