In concert 1980

MATB alan_l@...
Thu May 9 20:44:14 CEST 2013

Great to see a list so complete.

Bizarrely, the two below jumped out at me  - as I have recollections of both - but I can't find anything on the web to support it !

25/12/76 - I am 99% sure this was Elton John Live at the Edinburgh Playhouse (recorded in sept 76).  If it was not broadcast on the 25/12, then it must have been 31/12/76.  Reason being it was pretty much the first BBC live concert simulcast (ie on TV and radio at the same time)and I was keen to 'record the event' (remember, no videos around in those days!) My older sister had recently bought a new FM radio / stereo cassette recorder so I asked her to record the radio broadcast for me, which she did and I kept that recording for years (on a Scotch cassette tape)- until I was in need of a blank tape... and my focus had turned to punk!

Also the thing to remember back then was that all the BBC 'in concert' shows were broadcast in AM only, so to get an FM live show was a real treat, which brings me to 30/12/78 ... I have vague memories of asking my sister to record the Buzzcocks, because again it was to be a 'festive treat' of being broadcast in stereo.  This time the recording didn't come out for whatever reason so I have no evidence of my memory being correct.  And I can find nothing on the web to say the Buzzcocks were broadcast live in stereo that night.

Anyone able to confirm any of that?