[peel] Late 1990 Peel clip and Bowie In Concert

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Tue May 7 13:29:57 CEST 2013

I think I went to that gig! Of course by then he was a few years past his best, but I will enjoy listening back & see if I recognise anything in Bowie's links specific to that show.

I remember it because it was a 'schoolnight', it took an hour to get out of the car park, and on my way home to Bristol I dropped a friend of a friend off at her home in London - she had only lived there a few days, and didn't know her own address, she could only recognise it by the walk from the tube station - but didn't know which tube station! We spent several hours in the middle of the night trawling around North London tube stations until we found the right one. Got home at 6am and got up at 7 for work. Not a good day at the office...

Had totally forgotten it went out on the radio!

Cheers!

Rocker

-----Original Message-----
From: haze_harrison <haze.harrison@...>
To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, May 7, 2013 9:21 am
Subject: [peel] Late 1990 Peel clip and Bowie In Concert

Chris Franklin has posted links for Bowie at Milton Keynes 1990 over in a Facebook group that some of you may know.
The concert is from 5th August but I can't date the broadcast other than it must be later than September when the schedules changed to have Peely after "In Concert" on Saturday nights. I can't find this show on the wikia so hopefully the 2 minutes and 6 seconds of John Peel at the end of the tape is previously unshared.....
For those who would like the whole thing including Bowie, here are Chris' original links
Part 1 -  http://www.mediafire.com/?x2tnhydd2pu9xr8  45:53min 105MB 320kbps
Part 2 -  http://www.mediafire.com/?z9i4pid7y6zsdkx  45:42min 104MB 320kbps
and for those only interested John here is his bit from the end of the tape
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2f8j2m0a9ys9w4o  2:06min 4.81MB 320kbps
Enjoy, Haze