[peel] Re: Never On A Sunday

Pete Conkerton klacktoveedesteen@...
Sun May 5 23:33:39 CEST 2013

I flatter myself that I'm this group's  no.1 serious Fall obsessive (until proved otherwise) - my Fall covers file, compiled with the help of various online groups, runs to 58 tracks. Haven't updated it for a year or two, but if anyone's really interested I could post the tracklist and/or mp3s. These are indeed deep waters though - in the absence of confirmation from MES, it's often guesswork as to what was the original...

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I was given a CD for Christmas called Before The Fall, which contains original versions of 24 songs covered by the band. Who'd've thought I'd find myself listening to, and quite enjoying, Sister Sledge!!? I can thoroughly recommend it.  This then plunged me into the deep waters of Fall covers. As Peel always said, they could take any song and make it sound like one of their own - therefore I was surprised to find they'd covered nearly 60 songs and I'm now obsessed with collecting all the originals and the few Fall versions that I didn't already own.