[peel] Re: Never On A Sunday

Alan Ford ford.alan@...
Sun May 5 19:53:11 CEST 2013

Of course.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I was given a CD for
Christmas called Before The Fall, which contains original versions of 24
songs covered by the band. Who'd've thought I'd find myself listening to,
and quite enjoying, Sister Sledge!!? I can thoroughly recommend it.
This then plunged me into the deep waters of Fall covers. As Peel always
said, they could take any song and make it sound like one of their own -
therefore I was surprised to find they'd covered nearly 60 songs and I'm
now obsessed with collecting all the originals and the few Fall versions
that I didn't already own.

Just thought I share that ...

If anyone's interested, someone has posted several originals here:
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2009/05/songs-the-fall-taught-us.html

Cheers

Alan

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM, so_it_goes_2512 <so_it_goes_2512@...