Phil Manzanera's 801 Peel Session via Fluff

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Thu Jul 25 00:11:05 CEST 2013

Thanks Haze,

That reminded me, I recorded a few Alan Freeman shows through 1977 which
seemed to be the peak year for those quadrophonic tests.

Most of them did not survive, but I found a few remnants on the end of
cassettes that I recorded over, and I put them together HERE
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/02%20Alan%20Freem\
an/1977-xx-xx%20Alan%20Freeman%20BBC%20Radio%201%20(Clips).mp3>   as a
kind of Best of Freeman 1977

Usual caveat about the quality and durability of these cheapo cassettes,
but at least they lasted

I'm not one for Facebook, but I'm OK with Yahoo groups, so apart from
the Radio Caroline and Pirate radio Yahoo groups does anyone know if
there are other interesting ones for, say, Fluff, Tommy Vance, Radio
Concerts etc, or are we forever going to OT the Peel group?

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "haze_harrison"  wrote:

> During a conversation about Quad, John Cavanagh posted this in the
Alan Freeman group on Facebook. Copied with permission from John.

> "Here's an extract from Fluff's show of 26th November '77, produced by
Tony Wilson and engineered by Dave Dade. The Matrix H element will mean
very little now, but it still sounds fine in stereo from Phil Manzanera
and 801: http://www.sendspace.com/file/v29lgb "