[peel] Re: Merry Christmas

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Wed Jan 2 22:22:09 CET 2013

Rocker - eagerly awaiting package. have an errant tape that was foudn down the back of the tape deck that will be returned with next pack.

A question for the technically competent - my tape deck has stopped playing both ways - it used to have the ability to play both sides without taking it out of the machine now to get a tape to play on both sides  I have to take it out and turn it over. I have tried cleaning heads and taking the front off and putting it back on (and also the old trick of turning it off and on again!) but all to no avail. I quite like having to use it in this way but am slightly worried that it hides a deeper problem

I agree we should be able to find more stuff ...

________________________________
 From: "rockerq@..." <rockerq@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 26 December 2012, 13:13
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Merry Christmas

And MY new year resolution is to send out the next batches of cassettes to our gallant band of rippers. I've had an exceptionally busy 2012 and I know I have a backlog of 4 or 5 packages I need to make up and send out - thanks for your patience, everyone - hope to be up to date by the end of January!

Lots more shows and fragments of shows still to come!

Did we find out what happened to that recent batch of 400 tapes from Gloucester?

Maybe we should get all thepeople with Peel blogs (and there are a few on here I think!)to spread the word (taking care over the legalities of our situation) that a) We share shows for free, and have thousands of them (to undercut the market of anyone trying to sell on our hard work); and b) We can do the ripping for anyone who has tapes they are willing to share (so that those emptying their lofts might consider us as the natural and ethical home for their Peel show tapes, rather than trying to flog them on eBay or similar).

Cheers! AndMerry Xmas to all on here!

Rocker

-----Original Message----- From: Stuart <stuartb@...> To: peel <peel@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wed, Dec 26, 2012 12:37 pm Subject: RE: [peel] Re: Merry Christmas

“Like”ing all these new year resolutions!
Stuart