[peel] Re: 160 cassettes of JP shows from 1989 - 1992

Stuart stuartb@...
Wed Feb 27 20:24:48 CET 2013

Hmm. 1 in 20 is a poor rate, is it typical of Parcel Post I wonder?

Obviously what we are sending is priceless, so I wouldn’t be choosing a
delivery method on what levels of compensation are on offer, but what has
the greatest chance of being delivered!

I put in a 15kg 50x50x40cm package into interparcel and several couriers
came up with around £10 or less including Parcelforce.

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
rockerq@...
Sent: 27 February 2013 18:53
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: 160 cassettes of JP shows from 1989 - 1992

I send all the batches of cassettes / reels by Royal Mail prepaid special
delivery - this is expensive (but we do have enough contributions from this
group to cover it). We have never yet lost a package.

FYI I generally put out a call for contributions when the fund dips below
fifty quid - have so far done this twice over the last five years, and
received over £200 each time.

I buy and sell a fair bit of vinyl and In the past I have often had packages
go astray when I used first class post or normal parcel post (as was) -
maybe one in 20 - and I do not think this is acceptable when we're deaing
with tapes which may be the only recording of a particular show to survive.

Something for discussion?

Rocker