[peel] RE: Sophisticated Boom Boom Fans

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Sun Dec 22 21:20:08 CET 2013

This could take a bit of time, but I have:

Two complete versions of the first session, one a very quiet wav file another an mp3 file. The first session is also on a show which is available in complete form and partial form with varying sound quality. And of course the recently unearthed single track on a Karl Tape.
A very quiet wav file of the second session. Probably taken from a blog.
A couple of tracks from the third session from the 15th June 1983 show. The two came from a Pates Tape, but I have a version of Singing Today in very good quality on my own June 1983 mixtape. It was only in recent years that I identified Singing Today and only thanks to the grroup it had been bugging me for many years!
Stuart

From: MARK LUETCHFORD
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:28 AM
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] RE: Sophisticated Boom Boom Fans

The Sophisticated Boom Boom page is now the proud owner of one record of a play. In my search to ID it I came across many fellow travellers who had fond memories - including a blog post by the son of one of the band who was looking for it in 2010 as his mum was rehearsing the songs agaion for a possible gig and they had forgotten what they sounded like!

Could we upload the sessions on to the page on the MOO or is that asking for trouble ... they only put one song on vinyl on a compilation album and I can't find much on Youtube either - if they are soimewhere else on t'interweb could someone point me in their general direction! http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Sophisticated_Boom_Boom

Mark