[peel] Re: Karl's tape - 5th Jan 1982

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Mon Aug 5 19:24:54 CEST 2013

Peel definitely played it - I wouldn't have known about it other ways as I was a man of limited listening opportunities. I had it on a mix tape which got eaten and on vinyl and it melted when someone left it on a sunny windowsill - it is now available on CD - some of their other tunes aren't bad either.

Another of this time and ilk was Astral Joe by The Cuddly Toys ...

Mark L

________________________________
 From: mr_maudlin <markc63@btinternet.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, 4 August 2013, 15:37
Subject: [peel] Re: Karl's tape - 5th Jan 1982

Ahh The Unguarded Moment by The Church - what a top tune. I remember seeing the video on the Old Grey Whistle Test (a rather good staccato b/w affair) and copying it to cassette tape as I couldn't get enough of it. I'm not sure Peel was ever a fan though. I once got it played by Mark Radcliffe on one of his Out On Blue Six request shows.

Mark C