[peel] Sheena Is An Estate Agent

Alan Payne aandwlj@...
Tue Nov 20 16:47:47 CET 2012

Just to add my vote of thanks of all Peel shows and the BFBS are great to hear never tire of them
great insight into what he  was playing for the listener abroad
Lets home with the tape amnesty at the BBC this may throw up new contributors

Alan

To: peel@yahoogroups.com
From: so_it_goes_2512@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 01:34:15 +0000
Subject: [peel] Sheena Is An Estate Agent

      Fellow Peelites
This is probably my last post before I come back to the mother land: I'll see you all on the other side.
1) Peel 047 , Peel 048
Probably the only series to get zero feedback on here, but I continue undaunted, with many thanks to Dirk. John plays the wrong track, gives heavy play to an LP solely due to the title, and treats us to probably the most out there Christmas celebration of all. These files take us up to the end of 1986 on BFBS.
2) 17 December 1993  (Sessions: Fabric, Mercury Rev)
>From the 500 Box, with many thanks again to Colin. Apparently side B of the tape is inaudible, which is a shame, but there's 46 minutes from the beginning of the show to keep us all happy. Incidentally, does anybody have the complete Fabric session please? It's rather good and apparently was never repeated after this airing, nor made commercially available (unless someone knows better).
3) 15 September 1996 (all record show)4) 28 September 1996  (Session: Bennet)
Many thanks to Isector. The limitations of trying to cram a full Peel show onto a C90 become readily apparent here with these incomplete files, but who's complaining? The quality is, as usual from this source, first rate.
Best wishesSteve (TK)