[peel] Re: What was your most hated Peel favourite band?

Eric Neffke studioapartments@...
Fri May 25 20:08:12 CEST 2012

>Could the boogie woogie lady be Winifred Atwell?
Probably Camille Howard.

I loved most of Peel's favorites:  The Undertones, The Weddoes, Hefner, etc.  I never quite "got" the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band (or Viv Stanshall solo), often zoned out during some of the more repetitive techno tracks (although I had a thing for jungle), and have to admit, wasn't a big fan of most of the African guitar music (I respect the heck out of it technically, but, a few songs aside, wouldn't listen to it for fun), but the majority of the stuff John played was pretty darn good.  It was often some of his more unexpected choices that would make me smile the most (the occasional old country, doo-wop, or big band record).