OT : Friday Rock Show & 6 Music 'Classic Concerts'

pauliesarchive pauliesarchive@...
Sat Mar 3 00:37:30 CET 2012

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Humphrey" <thebarguest@...> wrote:

> Yes I agree. I recently read in the "Radio Times" that Gideon Coe's show would feature "Jethro Tull in concert from 1977". I thought, 'that would be nice to get, in the context of a whole show'. However, looking at the BBC on-line program tracklist (a great feature, granted), I saw that he'd played just 3 songs ! It's symptomatic of many BBC6 shows (eg Rad & Mac) where they cover all pop/rock genres from 1955 to 2012. Given the massive airtime BBC6 have, surely they could give us some "speciality" shows eg "Post-Punk and New-Wave Hour with Tamsin Bagshot" and "Classic Rock Hour with Julian Noble" and "Dub Reggae Hour with Dennis Bottomley" and "Classic Punk Hour with Simon Cleverly" etc.

Yeah. I feel another 'whingemail' is in order - this time asking why they also edit out the John Peel/Alan Black/Pete Drummond/Whoever intro's and between song natter. Surely it's be easier to just leave it in as opposed to someone having to mess around editing it out? The Beeb frustrates me at times!

Paul.