OT : Friday Rock Show & 6 Music 'Classic Concerts'

Humphrey thebarguest@...
Fri Mar 2 23:27:22 CET 2012

Yes I agree. I recently read in the "Radio Times" that Gideon Coe's show would feature "Jethro Tull in concert from 1977". I thought, 'that would be nice to get, in the context of a whole show'. However, looking at the BBC on-line program tracklist (a great feature, granted), I saw that he'd played just 3 songs ! It's symptomatic of many BBC6 shows (eg Rad & Mac) where they cover all pop/rock genres from 1955 to 2012. Given the massive airtime BBC6 have, surely they could give us some "speciality" shows eg "Post-Punk and New-Wave Hour with Tamsin Bagshot" and "Classic Rock Hour with Julian Noble" and "Dub Reggae Hour with Dennis Bottomley" and "Classic Punk Hour with Simon Cleverly" etc.