[peel] Lawrence Of Belgravia - peel content

Ben Harrison abcdetc@...
Tue Jun 19 10:04:10 CEST 2012

Absolutely not up-to-speed w/ this, but minor detail: I am sure I have a
Peel-related compilation that features Felt's Primitive Painters. Can't
recall if it's something I purchased, or was it one that came w/ Uncut*
magazine? (*might have been an inside job then...) I don't know if any of
this tells us if they were every played on it though.

I might never known of Felt if not for an issue of Smash Hits from whenever
Julian Cope's World Shut Your Mouth single came out. And in addition to a
Whitney Houston poster on the back, it had a page on this barefoot chap,
Lawrence. Enthusiastically written by Sylvia Patterson? Is this when a-Ha's
second album came out. Billy Idol  on the cover? Jumpers for goalposts...