[peel] Fave post-Peel DJ??

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Sun Jul 22 01:14:12 CEST 2012

Yet another interesting thread.

Being very lazy, I found JP met all of my needs musically and I needn't look
any further for any other source of my listening requirements. However, on
his death I thought where do I go now?

Then through this group a few of us like minded individuals got together and
Dandelion Radio (after a shaky start) was formed. And lo my musical source
had been revived.

So to me, my fave post-Peel DJ has to be as Paul said "Marcelle Van Hoof"
and (embarrassingly for him) "Paul Ackroyd" himself.

For me, to be a "fave post-Peel DJ", it's not by playing stuff that JP
himself played it's playing stuff he would be playing NOW if he was still
alive and his musical tastes had not stagnated and for me,  Marcelle and
Paul meet that criteria.

Interestingly, would we be having the same posts if those 2 criteria were
met?

Phil

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of paul
ackroyd
Sent: 21 July 2012 14:19
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Fave post-Peel DJ??

nobody in the manner i used to listen to peel.  sorta drift in and out of
certain shows, but nothing that particularly challenges or holds my interest
for long.  don't rate rob da bank really.  tom ravenscroft plays some
alright stuff, but i go away with two names from a three-hour show - just
not worth bothering with.  for me, marcelle on dandelion's the best out
there right now - if i'm gonna listen to the radio, i want it to influence
my record shopping trips, and hers certainly does that.

ta
paul

ps shameless self-promotion, but i like to think i do an alright job - among
many other places, mixcloud.com/kamikaze