[peel] Re: What was your most favourite band Peel hated?

GR Kelly blackbess@...
Fri Jul 20 13:59:00 CEST 2012

On 20/07/2012 01:57, so_it_goes_2512 wrote:

> *Despite the Frantic Elevators doing sessions and being highly rated
> by John, he had a big argument with Mick Hucknall (what about I've
> never been able to find out) and consequently Simply Red were on the
> hate list

Apparently Peel chucked out his Hucknall recordings after Mick slagged
him in a magazine interview, which annoyed Peel because he'd got on fine
with him in actual life previous to that.

> Steve called him the same thing he called the Byrds

Peel's response was something like "Well, I suppose I am really". Steve
Jones just slunk off after that.

G.