the zappa question

Humphrey thebarguest@...
Wed Jul 18 22:55:24 CEST 2012

I'd say more "porno" than "lavatorial", maybe a mix of the two ! Weird really, as UK tv humour is often regarded as 'lavatorial', certainly far more so than US comedy ... I'm sure that's why the ultra-leftist/feminist NME dissed his 70's/80's stuff. I quite like Benny Hill, Manning and late-period Zappa. Actually, most Zappa up to around 77 was non-porno/lavvy and had pretty funny/surreal lyrics.
'Apostrophe' (74) and 'Zoot Allures (76) are very good, lyrically and musically.

Regrads,
Father O'Blivion