Ivor Cutler fanzine articles

jake jklm@...
Wed Jul 11 15:00:58 CEST 2012

Cheers - what an amazing story! I'm glad I've rediscovered these old fanzines and I'm doing some more scanning as we speak.... :)

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Dave Driscoll <ddriscoll@...> wrote:

> Thanks Jake,
>
> I think I have that LIBERTY addition

> A friend of mine put IVOR on in Brighton in September 1984
>
> The funny thing was collecting him from Brighton station
> He looked like The Supreme Being from the TIME BANDITS, shuffling along with his bags of "essentials"
>
> He suddenly got on his knees & from one of the bags, produced a box of pastels, which he proceeded to draw & colour in the petals of a flower on the pavement, the stigma of this flowery creation being a not quite steaming but I suspect still warm dog turd
 Ivor's concern was that people might not notice it & have an accident
  We did suggest that a better solution although not as colourful would be to pick the turd up in one of his spare bags & stick it in a bin.. "Nooo.. I think the flower will work.."