[peel] Re: Terry Hammer's "Live Radio Performances"

Anything Should Happen anythingshouldhappen@...
Sat Jan 21 16:01:18 CET 2012

I made the comment below on here on 10 Jan about Vampire Records  and have
received the following reply from him. Being accused of something I didn't
say and have replied saying that maybe he should have noted that on the
site.

"The archive is great, I'd have concerns that there's no mention (as far as
I can see) of the bands getting paid. Not being arsey, just seems wrong to
sell this stuff if they aren't."

Caught your post somehow,someone brought it to my attention about my not
> paying bands for my recordings. I pay bands the usual 33-1/3 % when  when
and
> If I get a release for a CD or album. which I've only released 2
recordings
> by the Lewd on LP and the Offs on Cd. As for My recordings,I own them
> outright I have the copyrite to them.This was an agreement by myself and
the
> bands and or their management & label at the time for my services. You
should
> not bad mouth people or complain about something which you know nothing
of.
> My fee for recording and broadcasting the performances at the time were
> $300.00 which is very reasonable for a 10 to 15 hour day.The bands  and or
> their labels said they could not pay the fee and instead agreed that I
keep
> my masters as payment for my time and services,and are free to do with
them
> as I wish. i do not sell these shows on a large scale,only to die-hard
fans
> who contact me to purchase them.I charge a nominal fee once again for my
time
> and services for this. So please do not falsely accuse  me of doing
something
> wrong. I sell maybe 15 shows a year for a whopping total of $150.00 hardly
> worth my time and effort,and i'm sure a band doesn't care about making
$5.00
> from my selling mp3's or CD of something which I have complete and full
> rights to.c Have a nice day