The least Peel-esque Peel show ever?

februarycallendar antoniaforestforever@...
Mon Jan 16 22:43:57 CET 2012

My Radio Times collection (from which I will shortly extract Peel's punk article in the 1-7 October 1977 issue) reveals that Peel started that pivotal year in the least auspicious way imaginable; by sitting in for Paul Gambaccini on the US chart show on New Year's Day, so presumably being forced at gunpoint to play such things as "Torn Between Two Lovers" and "New Kid in Town" and "You Don't Have to Be a Star (To Be in My Show)" and "Tonight's the Night".

Does anyone on here have any memories of this?

RPC