First Footing

Stuart stuartb@...
Sun Jan 1 22:29:04 CET 2012

Thanks to the Steves and tapers for the last and first uploads of the year.

I've recently uploaded the inlays for the SL tapes so that the Andy Kershaw tracklists (such as they are) can be seen.

One thing I've noticed while tracklisting the Max-dat tapes is that quite often, the Ceefax tracklistings (which the Avistic tracklistings are based on I think?) had a preference for listing album tracks, and preferring LPs at that (understandable) but when listening to the shows, very often John has played the singles, EPs or even CDs. This might well have an impact on pages such the Fall show appearances page on the wiki. For example the glut of tracks played in early April 1994 supposedly from Middle Class Revolt but actually consist of the 3 tracks on the 12" 15 Ways.

Oh well, all will become clear when the SL project lumbers into that year....

Stuart