What digitising application do we use most for ripping off air tapes?

bty997881 unity.gain@...
Fri Apr 13 15:37:28 CEST 2012

As a Mac user myself, I use Bias Peak, which is my preferred editor for stereo audio in general. I have also used Pro Tools for ripping, but it's a bit of an overkill for two-track work.
I'm lucky that I have access to 'pro' audio software at work, so I guess if I was having to pay for it myself, it might well be something like Audacity (though having said that I do have my own copy of Pro Tools - couldn't live without it!).
If you're simply working with mp3's I'd recommend Rogue Amoeba's Fission, as you can work natively in mp3 format, saving a bit of time converting back & forth,
Cheers
Roger