[peel] What digitising application do we use most for ripping off air tapes?

Jimmy Stepek jimmystep@...
Fri Apr 13 12:36:30 CEST 2012

I've used cdwave.exe for years both for ripping and splitting. Shareware you can use without registering but it only costs $15 so its worth it.
Cheers...Jimmy

________________________________
From: ken <ken_garner@yahoo.com>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 13 April 2012, 10:35
Subject: [peel] What digitising application do we use most for ripping off air tapes?

I would guess it's Audacity, though I'm a Mac-based Audio hijack/ Fission person myself. I am only asking because an editor at the journal I have written an article for surprisingly wants MORE technical detail (I did not name the software). I suppose the most common others used here for Peel show ripping and reconstruction might be ProTools, or some of those with the word "sound" in the name?
cheers!
ken