[peel] Christy Moore / After Peel DJ

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Thu Sep 8 15:36:15 CEST 2011

Nicky Campbell followed Peel in the 10 - midnight weekday slot from around 1988 - 90, until late September 1990 when Peel moved to the weekends.

DM

--- On Thu, 8/9/11, Ben Harrison <abcdetc@...> wrote:

From: Ben Harrison <abcdetc@...>
Subject: [peel] Christy Moore / After Peel DJ
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 8 September, 2011, 5:19

      What was/is the name of the DJ who -on a weeknight in September 1990-

is likely to have come on air, on Radio 1, after John Peel's show?

The first time I got to hear Peel in stereo was one such night. The

show included a brand new Happy Mondays single (how hi-fi it sounded)

'Kinky Afro'; and a charming interview with Babes in Toyland -- which

was the first attempt or first in what was planned to be a series of

such stuff.

And after that was the first time I heard Christy Moore. I think. On

whoever's show was after Peel's. I may have been asleep -- but somehow

I recall a wry, stream-of-consciousness song that I thought I'd be

hearing again and/or might be easy to find since I thought other DJs

played what they're plugged. But I've tried all sorts of googles --

and probably will again now -- but on the offchance someone might know

what the song it might be: I'm making mention of it here.

As I recall, it made a virtue of its Irishness with a load of

"faddli-dah" as a chorus or coda.