Christy Moore / After Peel DJ

Ben Harrison abcdetc@...
Thu Sep 8 06:19:16 CEST 2011

What was/is the name of the DJ who -on a weeknight in September 1990-
is likely to have come on air, on Radio 1, after John Peel's show?

The first time I got to hear Peel in stereo was one such night. The
show included a brand new Happy Mondays single (how hi-fi it sounded)
'Kinky Afro'; and a charming interview with Babes in Toyland -- which
was the first attempt or first in what was planned to be a series of
such stuff.

And after that was the first time I heard Christy Moore. I think. On
whoever's show was after Peel's. I may have been asleep -- but somehow
I recall a wry, stream-of-consciousness song that I thought I'd be
hearing again and/or might be easy to find since I thought other DJs
played what they're plugged. But I've tried all sorts of googles --
and probably will again now -- but on the offchance someone might know
what the song it might be: I'm making mention of it here.

As I recall, it made a virtue of its Irishness with a load of
"faddli-dah" as a chorus or coda.