[peel] Digest Number 2972

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Tue Sep 6 22:54:05 CEST 2011

> Every so often I hear of broadcasters being spoken of as the "John
> Peel of" whichever country from which they hail - Bernard Lenoir
> from France, Rodney Bingenheimer from America, Ponpon from Belgium,
> and so on.  Anyone else that was ever advertised as Peelish?

I used to listen to Dave Fanning aeons ago (I think after Peel was
done at midnight I could pick up RTE somehow over the water).
Also, I was talking about whoever was on Radio Luxembourg in the early
80s I think - Sunday evenings... would that have been Stuart Henry,
anyone remember? That was where I discovered a very early Tubeway
Army, and I still have a promo of the Cure's Pornography I won in a
competition...

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e: editor@...