[peel] Re: OT : Friday Rock Show - October 1979

Paul Andrews pa0353@...
Thu Nov 24 23:22:56 CET 2011

The friday night connections did vary dramatically in their difficulty to solve. Some were plainly obv such as three songs with motor cycle in the title others very cryptic. They obv just picked the first card with the right answer out of the sack and used the connection regardless of how easy or difficult it was.

I remember being proud of myself for getting one less than straightforward connection right even tough I only knew two tracks. Pigs on the wing by pink floyd and hey hey my my by Neil young. Helped that I had both the albums , but the connection was that both tracks played started and ended the albums from whence they came.

Sent from my iPad

On 24 Nov 2011, at 11:06, Pete Conkerton <klacktoveedesteen@...> wrote:

Yep, I spent my teenage years happily immersed in all things prog so it wasn't much of a challenge. I recall a similar one which involved Queen's 'Sheer Heart Attack', Led Zep's 'Houses of the Holy' and, er, something else (it was thirty-odd years ago, after all), the connection being that they were all titles of albums that the track itself didn't appear on.

Pete

From: haze_harrison <haze.harrison@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 24 November 2011, 10:46
Subject: [peel] Re: OT : Friday Rock Show - October 1979

Did you get it right? I must admit it had me stumped on the first listen, it was only when I was writing the tracklist that it suddenly clicked.

I think there must have been something gumming up the group works yesterday. I posted a reply twice yesterday morning and only this first version has appeared and that took nearly 24 hours...