April 1978 Fragment

Darren Giddings darrg@...
Sat Nov 19 20:45:53 CET 2011

Here's the April 1978 extract I mentioned in an earlier post:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/TysZbFp

Again apologies for people unable to access Fileserve - perhaps
someone will copy it to somewhere more convenient ... ?

It comprises 39 minutes from the middle (probably?) of the show, is
heavy on hiss and treble, and sadly there is a little bleed-through
from the other side of the tape which can be heard in the quiet bits
(ie. Ivor Cutler tracks that 'start very quietly'). I found it about
thirty years ago on the reverse of a tape one of my dad's then-
workmates had done for him, so I think the likelihood of finding the
rest of it from the same source is fairly slim (the place my dad
worked in shut down a couple of years later, for a start).

As for dating it - I think it is probably 12th April as that would
tie in with the Ivor Cutler session. The Whitecats session I think
debuted on 3rd April, though it seems a bit premature to be repeated
nine days later. Perhaps it was recorded on 3rd and this was another
first TX? Any other thoughts welcomed .... I haven't done anything to
the wiki due to the uncertainty of the date.

Darrg