End of the Four Day Week

mr_maudlin markc63@...
Thu Nov 17 22:28:46 CET 2011

Hi Darren,

Many thanks for the show. I'm listening as I type and realise that this was a show I heard at  the time -  I've just been and found the cassette with the Mighty Wah session and three of the Cocteau Twins tracks on it with recording dates of 27Sep84. I seem to recall liking the fact that the sessions were played in a lump, and so saving me crouching by the pause button all night to record the tracks I liked (how I now wish I'd just recorded the whole shows and saved my knees).

Your comment about picking up Peel's speech mannerisms made me smile as I fell into the same trap myself; not content with this I also used to pinch some of his sayings, "third tiredest man in northern Europe" was one of my faves.

Cheers,

Mark C