[peel] possible correction to my info about the session by FLEECE rec 10/11/98

Nicola Hamill-Stewart nicola.hamill-stewart@...
Fri Nov 11 22:45:42 CET 2011

Hi Ken

I can't vouch for the session line-up but I do have a couple of their
singles. On "up donna 5" - B side, track 2 of Man from Mars single, "Jon" is
credited with playing hammond" so it would seem quite likely that he did
indeed play on the session

Single was released in 1999 on Noisebox Records based in Norwich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noisebox_Records

Kind Regards

Jon

  -----Original Message-----
  From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of ken
  Sent: 10 November 2011 20:39
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [peel] possible correction to my info about the session by FLEECE
rec 10/11/98

  I wonder if anyone can help. I have received notice of a correction
request to THE PEEL SESSIONS via the publisher Random House (most such have
come to me direct, seeing as I put my email in the book). A man named
Jonathan Collison has written saying he was the keyboard player in the band
for their Peel session, not the credited person, Neil Hobbs, who only joined
the band later, Collison says. I've checked and the band line up information
on the romeo session sheet - my source - is as I had it, with Hobbs. It's
quite possible the details were entered later in 99 on romeo, after the
lineup change, and are wrong, so I am not doubting Collinson's words. But I
cannot trace any online source re the band's history or lineup to check. No
programme tapes seem to be available for the session TX on 27/1/99
(apparently it was never repeated), and I think by then was not always
giving out band line ups for sessions perhaps anyway. Does anyone else know
about this band, or can suggest another source to check details with?

  many thanks

  ken