[peel] Digest Number 2862

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Sat May 14 15:54:18 CEST 2011

Or Saloon in 2002. I bet you can't whistle it.

DM

--- On Sat, 14/5/11, Stuart Mchugh <stuart@...> wrote:

From: Stuart Mchugh <stuart@vacant.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [peel] Digest Number 2862
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 14 May, 2011, 11:52

theallnewadventuresofspp wrote:
As regards the worst number 1, it's certainly up there but Personally I think The Cuban Boys just pips it.

Is it time to reinstate the great Bang Bang Machine debate?(not that it's an awful tune, just not up there with 'Atmosphere' and 'Bill Is Dead' - more a #43 than a #1)
There was a time when Chumbawumba had a bit of cred but that was long before 'Tubthumping'. Personally I liked 'Enough is Enough' though it maybe hasn't aged all that well... 1993 (looking at the list just now) was astonishing for brilliant one 'hit' wonders - Archers of Loaf, Eggs, New Bad Things, J Church...

Stuart Mchughpo box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e: editor@...