[peel] Digest Number 2862

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Sat May 14 12:52:14 CEST 2011

theallnewadventuresofspp wrote:

> As regards the worst number 1, it's certainly up there but
> Personally I think The Cuban Boys just pips it.

Is it time to reinstate the great Bang Bang Machine debate?
(not that it's an awful tune, just not up there with 'Atmosphere' and
'Bill Is Dead' - more a #43 than a #1)

There was a time when Chumbawumba had a bit of cred but that was long
before 'Tubthumping'. Personally I liked 'Enough is Enough' though it
maybe hasn't aged all that well...
1993 (looking at the list just now) was astonishing for brilliant one
'hit' wonders - Archers of Loaf, Eggs, New Bad Things, J Church...

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e:
editor@...