John Cav Tapes: Ep #5

Humphrey thebarguest@...
Thu May 5 17:02:25 CEST 2011

Thanks again (to the power of 500) for these - the overall quality is brilliant but on tape 770103 (a) there seem to be repeated dropouts on the left channel from around 16 min to around 51 min. I would assume/presume that Ken/John were aware of these and tried different playback machines etc. to no avail. Sooo.... if anyone could try a remaster/fix either by patching in new song copies or copying the right channel to the left (monoising) ( hi Bill ! ), that would be the icing on the cake. Sorry for being a neurotic perfectionist !

Btw, I would never have thought that JP was such a Racing Cars fan -
I remember hearing "They Shoot Horses" on pop radio and not being too impressed ; seemed a bit like "Arms Of Mary", nice tune, different words etc. but, but ...