Pink Floyd Sunday Shows 1970 and 1971

leicesterjim leicesterjim@...
Mon Mar 7 14:52:20 CET 2011

John Peel's Sunday Show moved to Tuesday the week before this concert which was broadcast at 10:00pm on 12th October. Radio One shut down for the evening and then opened up again at 10pm for the "Sounds of the Seventies" thread where it shared Radio Two's FM frequencies.

I don't know if the show was repeated later that week or not. My guess is Bill's intro comes from the 1972 repeat when In Concert was following on from the previous Radio One program ans so was not opening up again. I have a low-fi AM recording of the last 30 minutes of the repeat of this concert from August 1972 so could compare the endings, particularly if Peel introduces next week's acts or not.

It would be great if you could post your copy of the original broadcast.

Jim