Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance

Humphrey thebarguest@...
Sun Jun 26 22:56:28 CEST 2011

My last post tonight !
Does anyone remember a show on Radio 3 in the late 70's that was like a showcase of the latest rock releases ? I seem to recall that the presenter was a typical R3 presenter (very formal, well-spoken) and it lasted just 30 min or 1 hr. I remember a show where he focussed on the Tull album "Songs From The Wood", playing 3 tracks. I think he gave quite a bit of technical/muso comments about the music (ie no chance of the Sex Pistols) ...