[peel] Peel at Glastonbury

steve lippert stemail1@...
Sat Jun 25 19:45:52 CEST 2011

I think there are supposedly SOME decent acts playing this year, including Those
Dancing Days, Fleet Foxes, Friendly Fires, The Joy Formidable, Everything
Everything, Metronomy, Crystal Castles, Noah and the Whale, The Go! Team,
Hercules and Love Affair, Two Door Cinema Club... All kind of keeping the Peel
flame alive. But gosh yes definitely worth avoiding Beyonce and U2 (I doubt
they'd play anything from Boy, but you never know). If I was there I'd be
hanging out the small tents.

BTW anybody here see John play at Tribal Gathering in 1997? His set was, of
course, ace, despite playing things at the wrong speed and even slightly messing
up Teenage Kicks. But that's what you'd hope for isn't it!

Steve

________________________________
From: Alan Ford <ford.alan@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 25 June, 2011 16:33:33
Subject: Re: [peel] Peel at Glastonbury

Is it just me or ..
Did Glastonbury used to be mainly 'alternative' Peel-type acts that wouldn't
normally appear on day-time radio, and now it just seems to consist of the same
crap that you hear all day?

I reckon that Viz joke would have been much funnier with Beyonce instead of U2 !

Rant over

Alan

PS I've never actually been. Would still like to go though - while I've still
got control of most of my bodily functions