[peel] Aung San Suu Kyi - fan of DLT... Who knew?

Ben Harrison abcdetc@...
Fri Jun 24 05:49:30 CEST 2011

As I recall, DLT's World Service show wasn't as painful as the one I heard
in the UK (with people playing darts on the radio and lots of talk about
drinking and hi-jinks?). A relatively broad range of music -- possibly
thanks to listeners requests? Or is that just my impression of it now,
forgetting how many songs would go by before something came on I thought was
worth taping down. I first heard 'Starman' on DLT.

The mandatories were one track from Album of the Month (Brothers in Arms the
first time I heard it -- ugh) and a penpal section which was introduced w/ a
piece of music by Wings or Macca solo that DLT would hum the trumpet park of
all wacky like. 'Hands across the water...' or something?

Even at the tender age that I heard it I do remember thinking it odd that
DLT expressed his liking a band called Mud ... but then not playing it. That
was the one and only time I ever heard him enthuse specifically. I have
since heard Mud. Had hoped for something more exciting.

And to this day - and I don't think it's just because of the beards and
shades -  I think DLT and Jeff Lynn are one and the same, although I am
assured there's some ELO worth hearing?

Anyway, Peel was also on. Ruining me for life. Not sure if the BBC could
be received in Burma at the time slots he was on (during work hours --
whereas DLT's show was on at the weekend)