Undertones in Concert

steve saipanda@...
Mon Jun 20 05:10:07 CEST 2011

I think the style changed at some stage. Most of the ones I've heard when Peel was the regular presenter in the early 70s that were BBC events (eg at the Paris Theater), do have the chat between the tunes (the Stones one was obviously a regular gig).

Some of the official In Concert releases of the same BBC Paris theater events don't have the chat, but think that's the work of the record companies (eg T Rex), but there may be more DJ if you can get hold of recordings of the actual broadcasts (although I've never actually compared the two).

Seemed a bit odd with the DJ breaking up the flow between numbers, so seemed to me like an improvement once this was cut.

SW